As summer fast approaches, it’s got us thinking about amazing far flung holidays with stunning
scenery, beautiful beaches to laze around on and plenty to see and do. Of course, one of the biggest and best holidays to have of all time has to be your honeymoon
If you’re in the midst of wedding planning and are considering honeymoon destinations, then here is a guide to some of the ones that we think are the very best if you’re looking for something a little different. To be fair, we could go on for hours about how stunning some of these destinations are, but we’d be here all day, so here’s just a little flavour.
Choosing the best place
The way to choose the best place has to be by working out what aspects of the trip would make up your dream honeymoon for you as a couple. For some people, it might be complete relaxation and calm (so Aruba, Bora Bora or Jamaica are always a good call), while others might like the thought of somewheretotally exotic and unusual to explore or an active, sporty adventure.
Check out these destinations that are slightly out of the ordinary for inspiration:
– for spa treatments, wellness and adventure, some of the stunning retreats here are all about getting back to basics and taking care of you.
Vancouver Island, Canada
–surrounded by mountains, with stunning beaches, it’s perfect
for lovers of sea sports, such as surfing.
– fancy an African safari? Check out the breath-taking mountains and desert landscape of this gorgeous country, not to mention the opportunity to sleep under the stars.
– stunning scenery, which includes lava formations, immense waterfalls, pools and hot springs of the Blue Lagoon – and of course the chance to discover the Northern Lights.
– for true lovers of the outdoors, who can throw themselves wholeheartedly into camping (or glamping), fishing, horseback riding and all the other adventurous pursuits this American state is famous for.
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
– these stunning volcanic islands are a must see for wildlife lovers, so if you have this in common as a couple, then Ecuador is definitely one South American country to truly take in and discover, for the ideal wildlife inspired honeymoon.
– if the thought of being stranded on a desert island and getting away from it all floats your boat, then check out some of the less inhabited islands of the Caymans.
Imagine deserted and stunning untouched beaches and lagoons.
– for the arty, cool types who want luxury and beauty, combined with intriguing architecture and stunning volcanic mountain scenery. Check out the town of Ubud for some amazing art galleries, museums and a real taste of the vibrant culture of this welcoming nation.
Booking the wedding
When booking your Derby wedding, it’s always good to give yourself plenty of time, because you want to know that everything your heart desires is well within reach.