Love is in the air, the magic question has been popped on bended knee somewhere amazing and now you’re engaged! How exciting!
So, what happens next? Get married, right? Well, yes, but there are a few things you might want to do before you race to the altar.
In among all the hearts and flowers, it’s easy to jump ahead to the wedding planning, but, first off, remember to enjoy that awesome moment and all the special times that come with being engaged. After all, a marriage proposal is the kind of memory that you should cherish for years to come, whether it took place in Derby, the Dominican Republic or Las Vegas!
Of course, life will never be the same again (hopefully it took a step up the lovely scale) and it’s time to start dreaming about all the wondrous things you could get up to on your wedding day. But before all the preparation starts, here are a few things to remember about what they don’t tell you when you get engaged!
Yay, you’re engaged! What now?
- Give the folks a call. You might want to shout it to the world, but perhaps start with family members and let them enjoy being among the first to know.
- Check the ring fits properly and can’t slip off or cut off your blood supply (after all, you’re going to be wearing it for a while)!
- Have your ring included in your home insurance policy, to be safe.
- Throw a party, have some fun! Planning a wedding isn’t easy so have a blast and celebrate being engaged beforehand.
- Get a manicure – you’re not the only one going to want to gaze at that stunning ring on your finger (and it’s a great excuse for a pamper session).
- While you’re at it, consider your proposal story, because you’re going to be asked about it a lot!
- Start day dreaming about your perfect wedding, where you’ll have it, who will come, what you’ll wear, when it will be and how things will go.
- It’s an exciting time, so start looking for inspiration in magazines, at wedding shows and on the television, to discover what your unique wedding will look like.
It’s time to start planning for your big day! Consider the following in your wedding preparation:
- Your budget
- The wedding date/ time of year
- Theme and location
- Priorities – what is most important to you – music, flowers, food and drink, theme, decor?
- Have an idea of how and where the money should be spent
- Create a timetable for the lead up to the day
- Check out venues and locations
- Shop for that perfect dress and other wedding outfits
- Choose your wedding party – eg bridesmaids and ushers
- Book taster sessions to find the perfect Derby caterer
- Hire the best and book them early
Contact Thomas Towers Today!
There is so much you can do for your wedding to make it the most perfect, amazing and unique that it can possibly be.
Once you’ve enjoyed the wonderful feeling of being newly engaged and have decided it’s time to start with the wedding planning, then we can help with one of the best bits.
Come along to Thomas Towers for a chat about your wedding catering plans and try some of our tempting delights while you’re here. Give us a call to book your visit today!